Ticket AI User Documentation
On this page you find additional information concerning the usage of the app.
- Log into your Jira instance.
- Click the Apps dropdown and choose Explore more apps.
- Search for Ticket AI and click on the app entry.
- Click Try it free to start installing your app.
First of all, you need to have an active account for the ChatGPT API (not ChatGPT Plus) or AlephAlpha API. This account has to be created directly with the provider (Sign up for ChatGPT API or Sign up for Aleph Alpha).
Then, under „Apps“ > „Manage your apps“ go to the configuration page of the Ticket AI app.
- Select the API you want to use (ChatGPT or AlephAlpha).
- Enter your API key for the chosen API (You can leave the other API key field empty)
The remaining settings are optional:
- Selected Model: If you want to use a specific model of the API (e.g., „GPT-4“), you can specify it in this field. If you leave it empty, a default model will be used.
- Enable Custom Prompts: If set to „No“, only buttons with pre-built queries. will be shown. If set to „Yes“, in addition the user will be able to enter custom questions about the ticket in a text field.
- Compliance Note: If you enter a text here, a warning box with this text is shown to the user at the top of the Ticket AI widget.
- The maximum number of tokens for responses from both APIs is set to 512. Since costs of API calls are calculated on a per token basis, this gives you a possibility to calculate upper threshold for spending per call (if the ticket description is of limited length). The maximum number of tokens for responses cannot be changed in the app.
With Ticket AI installed and configured, you will see some changes to the ticket form: 1) There is new icon below the ticket’s header 2) The Ticket AI widget appears after the ticket description, with several new buttons.
Using the Generative AI functionality of Ticket AI is simple: Just click on any of the buttons „Suggest solution“, „Suggest priority“ or „Suggest category“, and shortly after you will get a response.
In case custom prompts are enabled, you can also enter other questions about the ticket and get back answers from Generative AI.
Limitations and Risks
You should be aware of limitations of the Ticket AI app:
- Only the title and description of the open ticket are considered. No other information is considered. In particular, AI doesn’t know about the logged in user, other metadata such as time of creation, comments or the list of categories you use.
- Don’t blindly trust the responses. Generative AI can make things up or ignore parts of the user input.
- Currently, only English language is supported officially. For other languages, the app might or might not work.
In addition, please be aware that Ticket AI connects to OpenAI or AlephAlpha, and calls to their APIs create costs with the respective API provider.